For me, when it comes to gift giving for your significant other, Birthdays and Christmas are the holidays to celebrate them and to get them something they really want. Then, Anniversaries and Valentine’s Day are occasions to celebrate your relationship and do something sentimental. I like to do this by either making something from scratch or doing something out of the box than a traditional “gift.” Check out some of my favorite DIY gifts for the special person in your life.
- Homemade baked goods– cake balls, chocolate covered strawberries, or their favorite cookie. Wrap it up in cute Valentine’s Day themed baggies or mini boxes for a little something to let them know you were thinking about them.
- Ingredients for a wine night in– This is perfect since Valentine’s day falls on Wine Wednesday this year. Get a new wine opener , some fresh wine glasses, and your favorite bottle and enjoy your night together!
- Plan out a new date- Give your significant other a break from planning out date night and plan all the aspects of a night out together. You don’t have to do anything extravagant or expensive, just do something you two have never done together. Whatever you decide make sure it’s effortless for them.
- A framed picture of the two of you- Take one of your favorite pictures of the two of you and put it in a nice frame for them to keep in their room or their desk at work. If you don’t have any pictures you like yet, take one on Valentine’s Day using a polaroid camera. Mark it with the date and “1st Valentine’s Day,” and have a frame ready to go for them to put it in.
- Bring the cooking class to your house- get a Blue Apron box delivered and cook a new recipe together!
- Scrapbook/ Photo Book/Collage– Create a scrapbook with a timeline of your relationship. Fill it with photos highlighting significant points in your relationship, inside jokes, etc. If you’re not too crafty- try creating a book on Snapfish or LoveBook. In the past, I’ve also created photo collages online at CVS. Put it in a frame and you can update it every so often with new memories you’e shared together.
- Get something personalized– Ok this one isn’t really DIY but it’s still homemade by someone 😉 One year I got my boyfriend cuff links engraved with the coordinates of where we met. Or you could etch a saying, or a date that’s special to your relationship on a piece that makes sense for your significant other. Browse some options on Etsy. This is the shop I got my cuff links from.
- Write a funny rhyming poem– share some of your favorite memories in the form of a poem. It sounds corny (because it is) but it’s a fun way to share all the fun times you’ve had together. I did this one year and it was actually so cute– he loved it! Decorate it with pictures, hearts, and frame it! Use this rhyming generator to help make the process a little easier 🙂
Browse my Pinterest board for some more great DIY ideas!
Happy Valentine’s Day!